Sunday, May 15, 2005

Firemen mistake stunned snake for hose

Firemen in the eastern Ukrainian city of Donetsk fled a burning sauna in panic after mistaking a three-meter boa constrictor for a hosepipe, the Itar-Tass news agency reported on Thursday. The reptile called Yasha, kept as a mascot by the owner, had succumbed to smoke and lost consciousness on the floor before the emergency workers arrived to tackle the blaze. A member of the startled fire crew eventually heeded pleas by the sauna staff to save the snake and dragged it to safety by its tail.


Post a Comment

<< Home